Thursday, November 1, 2012

Start of "The month of Thanks"-Day 1 Role Reversal

I think I did this for the first time a year or two ago, and for me? It was such a wonderful way to remind me of JUST how much I have to be thankful for. This does not mean that I do not have my ver fair share of hardships, or tough times, of times when I just dont know if Ill make it...But being the month of November, and preparing for Thanksgiving, which has no strings attached other than surrounding yourself with people and whatever it is you are thankful for. I dedicate the month of November to each day, posting something that I am thankful for. I encourage you to do the same, and let me know where you post it. Since one of the things I am thankful for is the few people who follow us on our Family blog.

So. To kick it off. Today I am thankful for notes. Notes that may not mean much to her or her little sister now, but that it makes me feel like a mom each and every day. Each morning part of my morning routine is to write the girls a note and put it on thier backpacks so they have some small inkling of just how much I love them and miss them when were not together playing, watching princess movies, having a tea party and building forts. I was unpacking Soifa's backpack this morning as I forgot to last night and I found this...
Well I found the note portion anyway. This is what I have hanging on my wall by my desk now. Now, I will probley never be sure if she was planning on giving this to me or not, or what she was "seeing Ella do" since the note went unfinished. It was just on a scrap piece of paper that she must have found. But to me? It was just awesome. For me? It was just another reminder that the little things I try to do for her do not go unnoticed. She knows I love her, she knows I'll always be there, she knows I care. All the feelings and love my Mom did for me, I can now do for her.
 
So to satrt out my "Month of Thanks" today I am thankful for notes...

No comments: