Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 30-Easy peasy

Today did'nt take much thought as to what I was thankful for. I can sum it up in one word-LIFE. I get to live in a place where I have freedoms that people in other parts of the world do not have. I have a wonderful husband who I love, who I can spend forever with and we have been so blessed to have been sent (so far) 2 of the most beautiful girls and I am grateful for them each and every day. Even though I would love to stay home, I get to go to work every day at a job that I am growing in, and learning so much more about myself. I get to be a part of providing for our family's income and I am proud of that. I have a home. We may not always have extra, but we always find a way to make it work.
Today I am just plain thankful. Sometimes, we just...Need to stop. Be still. Give thanks. We have so much to be thankful for. I do this each year as a reminder to myself about all I have and all I hope to achieve. And be thankful for my health, my family's well being and all the many people around us that love us so much. I am thankful for each one of you.
I hope as December starts and the world gears up for Christmas, that we remember what it really symbolizes and why we celebrate in the first place. It's not about pictures of gifts, of how many each child received, of how much we spent.

It is about the miracle of a child, the promise of a better future, the peace of a manger.

Today was easy peasy to think of something. What was not so easy was finding the words to describe how I was feeling about it.

No comments: