Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 13-People that make food fun

I was born and raised in Oregon and it took a trip back this last weekend to learn about, and visit a place called Voo Doo Donuts. It is in a nutshell- SO PORTLAND. This place is all over the food networks I found out and is open 24/7 and there is ALWAYS a line. They serve up the greatest Donut concoctions that you would never dream existed including a maple bar topped with bacon (yes, real bacon-crisp and cooked to perfection).

My friend Rachelle had only one request from my trip to Portland. That I bring her back a donut from Voo Doo. DONE.

Today, I am grateful for those people out there with the imagination to make food fun. Especially for my girls who, when they found the pink box that the donuts came in had to call and tell me. "Mom! We found donuts with cereal on them...can we have it for breakfast?" How can you say no to that?!

No comments: