Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 20-Rhyming must be genetic

I have very fond memories of my Mom making poems and songs for Church Functions and have had many people send me a poem she wrote about the geese who fly in a V and why they do. I have come to the conclusion that Rhyming must be in my genes because I not only inherited it from my Mom, but also my Dad! And it has paid off many a time when I am sitting in Sacrament meeting and jolted awake by the slip of paper I find in the Church bag saying Sofia or Ella has a talk on Sunday (labeled THIS Sunday) that happened to NOT make its way to our magnet board to remind me.
This happened YET again this Sunday as I got double duty and was asked at the last minute to teach Sofia's class AND Ella had her talk on Missionary Work. So I dug into the creative part of my mind (it took awhile) and busted out a little poem for her talk. You will just have to imagine a cute little 4 year old saying it and it will make you smile...or it will if you have ANY GOOD IN YOUR SOUL TO SPEAK OF...Anyhoo- Throw in some pics from the Library (thank goodness for Sister Hunsaker!) and we were set. It looked like this- but hey, I improvised!

I like to share the gospel, because I know it's true
When we share what we know with others, we help others share it too.
The gospel is the greatest gift, it helps me and I know,
 that the more I share, the more I love and I get the chance to grow.
I want to serve a mission, to help others find thier way
I want to share the gospel, each and every day.
Missionary work is really awesome, it helps others see the light,
By being a missionary now-I know I'm choosing right. 

Today I am grateful for parents who were not afraid to hide thier creativity and shared it with those around them. They may or may not be appauled that I used the creative gene I inherited a few weeks back to RAP in a team meeting I had, but hey? I won a gift card!! And gained a new sense of respect from my teammates. White girl can bust some rhymes. Thanks Mom and Dad.

No comments: