Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 27-Home is where the hardships are?

I dont really have a pic for what I am thankful for today. Well except for this:

We had a small flood in our basement a few months back and it led us to experiencing an "unfinished basement" after it had been finished...Sigh. Artyom went to go and turn on the front sprinkler for the girls and I was downstairs when I heard water running...unnaturally. I ran up to tell him to turn it off, and I dont think he quite believed me that something was wrong. True to Artyom's style, he had to "see for himself" and when I saw him running back outside and turning off the water, I knew something was wrong. So back downstairs we now had at least an inch of water all over the carpet. Long story short, we are re-doing our basement and I am pretty stoked. It will look completely different than it did and once it is done- will put "the look of it" back into the 2000's and not the 1970's.

Today I am grateful for a home. Period. It may give us grief sometimes, but it's ours and we love it.

No comments: