Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 10-Cookie Cutters

You would think that with 5 brothers growing up, I would have found a way to learn how to cut hair. Nope. The most they trusted me with was shaving the back of thier necks when it got too long. I think they cut one anothers hair actually!
So with the girls came, as Sofia so eloquently puts it "Fashion" and cute hair bows, barretts and cuts to boot. We have let Ella's grow, but we all (including Ella) missed her sassy short hair. She just looks so darn CUTE with short hair. It FITS her. So her excitement was bubbling over when we went to Cookie Cutters yesterday and cut off over 7 inches of her blond locks. Today I am thankful for a kids hair cutting place that entertains while getting a haircut and I get to hold on to my streak of  not YET cutting someone's hair.
 This gives you an idea of just how long her hair was...this was a few weeks ago when she cut her hair cause she wanted to be like Mulan...Sigh. But after the cut?
Look at that smile! Here is my little cutie with her new short do. I just smiled this morning when she came in with bed head, all awry! SO CUTE!! I cant wait to play with it and put some "Fashion" into it. Needless to say, we had to talk Sofia OUT of getting her hair cut short, which also included a phone call from Betsy to reassure her that I was NOT kidding when I said I loved her hair long...will I ever win?

No comments: