Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 23-Black Friday sleep in

Black Friday. Its been a day that I have LOVED in the past, but this year. I just could not make myself even LOOK at the ads until after the "shopping hour" was over and even then, I only glanced at a few stores. So I slept in and relished in the fact that I had not gone. My Dad even called to ask me how Black Friday shopping was and I think was a little impressed at my will power to refrain from going. It felt good. We have had a rough last few years and I have learned what "Necessity" really means.
This year, our family has been trying to keep on a budget and not spend much for, well anything! Artyom and I decided that we would not over-do Christmas and try to focus on what this holiday is really about. This meant prepping our girls early to not expect alot of presents under the tree, but getting presents for kids that were less fortunate than us. It means talking alot about the birth of Christ and what that meant for people then...and now. It means more family nights, just being together, it means homemade gift from the heart, it means looking for the deals and deciding between a want and a need. It has been so great and I am loving every minute of it.
Today I am grateful for the growth I have seen in myself and not going out to shop-even though some of the deals I saw were great! I loved sleeping in...And? There is always next year.

No comments: