Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 25-Lessons learned

I have pretty much lucked out when it comes to in-laws. I love Artyom's family and they have been nothing but accepting of our marriage even though it means that they only get to see us on Skype for the most part. But where I think I hit the jackpot is with my sisters in law. They are in a word-fabulous.
Each brother (so far-no pressure Russ) has married an awesome person inside and out and I could not feel more blessed. They each bring sassiness to our family that was dominated by men for quite some time and I thank them for it.

Heidi
She has taught me patience. I have seen her go through 3 tours with Jon and she has shown such strength and patience through it all. I don't know if I would ever be able to have such poise under so much pressure. She is a wonderful mother to thier 2 young boys and I am thankful for her and all she does to make Jon a better man.






Krystal
I have often said Krystal is the epitome of a "Mother" she always seem to have it all together, her kids are SO well behaved and polite, and she has given me SO many ideas with things she does with her own kids, she needs to have her own board on Pinterest. I love that she has memory books for all her kdis with Dad and daughter dates and Dad and son dates and the sleepover in a hotel that she and Nicole did for her (10th?) birthday. So many fun things!! She was the first sister in law I got and has been near and dear to my heart ever since.









Tonya
I was able to take a cross country road trip with Tonya to transport her and the kids from Pennsylvania to OR and although they dropped me off in UT, it was one of the best road trips I have been on! It was so fun getting to know her better (I mean, come on-what better place than on a road trip). Tonya is one of the best communicators I know. She not only listens, but offers up opinions and advice when asked and it is SOLID. She is SO great at making things stretch, last and bring thrifty. Traits I try to live up to as well. She is perfect for Ryan and I'm so glad to have her in our family.

Liane
A former roommate, Liane is "my person". I was so excited when she and Paul were married and I don't know what I would do without her. Not only have the girls missed her kids since they moved up to Oregon, I have missed my movie buddy and our Family Home Evenings together.  Liane is the party planner, a wonderful artist and is SO good about the "details" of entertaining. If you get a chance to go to a party at your house-consider yourself lucky and RSVP immediately! She has taught me over and over again that you can improvise ANY recipe and make it your own. Something I did just last night when we were out of sour cream for my Stroganoff (GASP!). I love that she let's very little bother her is a incredibly sweet person to each and everyone she meets and is loyal for life.

Today, I am so very thankful for the sisters in law I have in my life and hope they know much each one of them mean to me.

1 comment:

Pederson Seven said...

LOVE you Charity!!!
-krystal