Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 12-Time Travel

No. I am not the type of person that believes that you can go back to some yester year and see them build the Eiffel Tower for instance. However, I am so blessed to have been born in this day an age of planes, trains and automobiles. I am grateful that we have the ability to travel, and at times it may SEEM like time travel, going to the town you grew up in.

Today I am grateful that I had that opportunity to take advantage of "time travel" and go back to Molalla for the weekend. The occasion was a somber one, to attend the funeral of a dear family friend, Paul Puffer, but I was SO glad that I went. The Puffer family has been a close one of the Pederson's for as long as I can remember and Jill, one of the 11 kids, asked my Dad to give the Eulogy at the service. She pulled me aside thanking me again for coming and said that when planning the service, the only person they knew they wanted to speak, hands down, no debate necessary, was my Dad. I took that as one of the best compliments I could have received.


This weekend I traveled back in time. To a place I grew up, to a place people saw me grow up, to a place that was void or problems but filled with bike riding, catching frogs and tadpoles, and playing tag in the front yards of 5-6 houses down the same street. Riding bikes over the dirt trails, crawling through the monkey trails, eating blackberries right off the vine till we were blue mouthed and full. A place where we spent our days outside from dawn till dusk and then begged to go out again. It was and always will be home. I am grateful for the place that allowed me to be a kid. So yes. I guess I DO believe in time travel. It's just all in the eye of the beholder.
http://www.cityofmolalla.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={E4FD0E55-0B54-475C-AF84-848559855B5F}

No comments: