Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who woulda thought

I came home a bit later than usual today and the house was a bit darker...maybe it was just outside that was dark. Anyway. The house had no lights on that I could see inside and for a second I thought that the Red Flame may had taken the girls out somewhere to romp around.
I was talking to my Dad as I walked in the door and had not muttered much more than a "mm-hmm" with an agreeing tone to whatever it was we were talking about and an un-orchestrated turmoil of noise erupted from our bedroom. All this from MY voice?!

I walked in to see this adorable, little thing standing upright, arms outstretched and yelling the name that unless you have been called it, will mean nothing to you. But the minute you hear it from your child's mouth, your life is never the same. "Mama! "Mama!"

I scooped her up in my arms and I am still not sure if it was by my will or her own, but she was not let down for at least an hour....somehow my day did not seem so long as I remembered it following that hour.

I am thankful for you my sweet Ella Diane.

Both then....


And now...

No comments: