Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey coma and Black Friday regret

Day 26-28

Yes, I fell behind once again and am trying to remember the last few days. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to our Aunt and Uncles house with cousins, dogs and plenty of food to go around. We ate too much, talked alot and had a great time.

Yesterday was a mourning day for me of sorts. It was the first time in as long as I can remember that I did not buy the newspapers and strategically plan my attack of stores as I went to find the "deals and steals" that only Black Friday can bring. This year? My alarm was not set, I did not get up and I refused to watch TV or the radio until the 1pm hour was over as to not hear how everyone else was finding stuff. It was a sad day indeed. Alas, when the pocketbook is empty, even the inticings of Black Friday could not make me go out...even for window shopping.

So. I am thankful for resistance, persistance and patience the Red Flame had with me as I complained (only once to get it out of my system) that I was in some way, shape or form, missing out on the fun.

The way we both decided to look at it?...There's always next year!

No comments: