Monday, November 30, 2009

It is done.

Day 30

I would not be being completely honest if I did not say that today, I am thankful to be done. NOT about thinking of all I have to be thankful for, but again, I just cannot muster the creative juices enough to drop a story every day on the blog. Besides the fact that the 2 jobs, 2 kids and the Red Flame keep me busy.

In all seriousness, today I am thankful for a very understanding Russian whom I claim as my husband. I had the best trip planned to take him to Vegas for our 4th wedding anniversary on Dec. 10. He has always wanted to stay at the Luxor hotel and I have never been able to find it for less than $150 bucks a night. Well I happened to check at a time when they were offering a deal. $50!! I was shocked! We could actually do this! I planned ahead, called 3 jobs to get them all off, arranged for the girls to be taken care of and I was on my way of susprising him!!! He had'nt a clue....until.
WELL. Life happened. Things started to unravel and it ended up that I told him the plans. Then things unraveled a bit more and just tonight we talked and decided that we could not justify a trip to Vegas, with things being as tight as they are. Sacrifice we did. This is one of the reasons I love him so. He was not at all mad, not at all disappointed (well maybe a little bit) and he took it in stride. I was so much more sad than he!!
There is more than one reason why I married the Red Flame...his ability to let things "roll" is one of those reasons. There will be no Viva Las Vegas for us this year. And tomorrow will still come around regardless. He reminded me of this. And it was exactly what I needed.

I am so thankful for him...again.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on finishing your 30 days! I'm not sure how I'll do posting EVERY day :) But, I'll try!

uniquelynat said...

you married a good man!

thanks for telling me that i found your friend jen through you. i honestly couldn't remember, but i think she is so cute. i love looking at her blog. and when i get to blog hopping...well i try to remember the trail, but i don't always. thanks again!

uniquelynat said...

another comment..... i got milton at kirkland home store. do they have those in ut? and i have seen similar ones at safeway. do you have those either?