Monday, November 23, 2009

Frumpy to Fabulous

Maybe guys out there can relate, but girls- you KNOW what I'm talkin about. Especially those with short hair. Ever since I chopped my locks right before Ella was born I have had to go and visit the Salon alot more than usual to make sure I do not become more of a frumpy mom than what I am usually.

So when Seija at my work told me to come and visit her at her school of Hair Design, I could hardly contain my excitement. $20 (including tip) later, I walked out to show off my hair to the patrons of Shopko (there was not much to do...)as I bought some red plates on clearance to help out my Christmas decorating just waiting to blossom in our home the end of this week.

How I knew I did good? Walking in the door and sweet Sofia stroking my hair as she said, "Mama, you look beautiful. You look just like me!" (My hair was straight which is a salon perk). I felt justified and am now rejuvenated for the next 6-8 weeks.

Seija and the talents of Taylor Andrews School of Hair- I am thankful for you.

1 comment:

big_smartmouth said...

hahaha! that comment from sofia sounded, almost, a little vain! aw, the honesty of little ones. of course, when we are constantly telling her how cute she is, who can blame her for getting a slight, big head from them? and, yes, she is pretty, dang beautiful...and, yes, so is her mommy!