Saturday, November 21, 2009

Arizona Nat

I got off the phone tonight after an hour and 45 min call with one of my friends...whom I have never actually seen before. And no, I do not mean in a round about way. I mean I have never really set eyes on her. However, tonight was a conversation that I needed to hear.

We spoke about a ton of things, but what struck me most was when our conversation turned to trials. She spoke of her particular trial and that although she had accepted it, she has to continue to accept it sometimes day to day. That stuck me. It made me feel that I was not alone in the trials that I face and yes, as she had said. Even though I "accept" them, it does not mean that I am immune to thier side effects.

So Nat, this post is for you. Yes, we have the Grand Canyon (back) on our Martushev Family Goals for 2010 and I hope this year (not as in the 2 years past...but who's counting?) we will actually make it. I cannot wait to meet you!

Tonight, I am thankful for Natalie.

2 comments:

uniquelynat said...

you are the BEST chair! i hopped on to read what you are thankful for today. (as i have every day) and to leave a little comment saying thanks for the great convo last night! i had a blast!!! little did i know it would be ME! WOW! Thanks for your sweet words. i got a little teary eyed. (yep- HUGE baby over here!)

thank you! i am grateful for you as well. guess we should thank sare for the introduction. :)

big_smartmouth said...

heck yeah, you should thank me!! i only have the bestest of best BFF's, so there was no shocker there that you guys would get along. i am grateful for you two as well. sorry if i don't show it enough. i will try me best to show it more often. one way to show it? we need to plan a trip for all of us to meet up!! so, get your calendars ready!!