Thursday, November 12, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

Day 12

So. You know at the end of the movie, "Notting Hill" (seriously might be one of my top ten) when Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant are making thier way on the red carpet and the (cue song) "She" comes on? I loose it every time! I don't know who sings it, I would not even be able to tell you all the lyrics, but I had the same feeling today when she said this...

she: Mama, wheres Papa?
me: In his car baby.
she: in her car?
me: no Maka, papa is a boy. HE is in HIS car.
she: no mama, papa is not a boy.
me: ok. is he a man?
she: no
me: ok. is he a girl?
she: no
me: Ok. Soinka. What is papa?
she: ...he is a giant.

She- who made me a mother for the first time.
She- who will come up with arms wrapped around my waist, neck, whatever she can grab and say, I miss you too mama...I love you too mama.
She- the reason I want to make this world a cleaner, safer and happier place.
She- who when the tantrums come I remember what my mom and dad said, "just wait till you have a daughter of your own...."
She- whom I love unconditionally and now know what that really means.


Today, as I am each and every day, I am thankful for "she"

2 comments:

Jennie said...

The song is by Elvis Costello. I LOVE it too! AND, Notting Hill is THE best movie EVER!!! :)

Charity said...

AHHH Thank you!!! Ok. So now I am thankful for Elvis.