Thursday, September 20, 2012

What's YOUR definition of borrowing?

When I get home, Betsy and I usually sit around and talk. Its the only time I get to see her and catch up and well, its just fun! We were non-chalantly talking about something (I cannot even remember what) and I see Sofia come into the kitchen and climb on the counter...I watched her out of the corner of my eye as she grabs a bag of Reeses peanut butter cup minis. She then asks as she turns back around, "Mom, can I borrow these?" Betsy and I said in complete unison "BORROW?!" HAHAHA.

It was then that I had my teaching moment of the night when I got to explain to Sofia that when you borrow something, you bring it back in the same way that you borrowed it. Which means I told her...you would not be able to eat any. Her face fell a bit at this point when I suggested she could ask a different way. The smile came back. "Mom...can I take these?" Yes Sofia. You can. I love that girl!