Wednesday, September 19, 2012

52 minutes

That is how long it took our Miss Ella to finish her dinner last night. I should have taken a pic of the clock when we started, but I didnt. That cute little stink, who we lovingly call our golaya cherrypaxa (naked turtle) is the worlds SLOWEST eater. Have you seen the movie "UP?" You know the dog that talks through that mechanical piece on his throat and is constantly distracted by each and every thing around him? "SQUIRREL!" Yep. That sums up our Ella to a "T".

So while the rest of us had finished and plates were in the sink, I had to stay behind and make sure Ella finished. The problem is, she would much rather just be done and move on to play. However the little one needs some nutrition and I am the enforcer at dinner time. I'm hoping its a phase. Sofia did something similiar when she was younger and went through her own "I refuse to eat stage" but last night she asked for seconds! Sofia. Who came to our family at only 6 pounds 4 ounces and caught up. Who would have thought cheesy tuna casserole was that exciting!

 Her cheesy grin. By now, she was SO close to being done! I think at this point, we were BOTH excited.
And this is what the clock read at when she FINALLY finished...I guess I should be grateful that it is PM and not AM...

No comments: