Friday, September 28, 2012

Like Mulan...

I seem to remember a few years back about this same time when Sofia decided that she needed to shear not only her hair, but also her sisters. The mishap did'nt seem to bother her until I exclaimed "Oh Maka, you look like a boy!" That got her and she bawled the whole way to Cookie Cutters.

Well we have once again gone full circle. I got a call from Betsy this morning who told me when she came to the house that Sofia let her know Ella had cut her hair. Betsy had Ella call me, but she would not talk to me only whimper, so Sofia told me the story of what happened.

Ella got her prek box of goodies including childproof scissors yesterday and had a ball cutting up papers last night while I worked in the kitchen. Somehow, this morning when she got up, she got on top of the fridge where they were being kept to get them. When Sofia saw her cutting her hair, she stopped her and asked what she was doing. Heres how the conversation between our 5 and 4 year old went (in Sofia's words).

S: Ella! What are you doing? Why are you cutting your hair?!
E: Sister, because. I'm cutting it like Mulan (her Mulan barbie doll was lying near by)
S: Ella! Mulan did not cut her hair just because, she cut it so she could be on the boy's team!
E: Oh. (she then proceeded to give Sofia the scissors which Sofia put in a box with a bunch of stuff on top so, as she put it. Ella would NEVER find them).

Then, just to add a little salt to my prideful wound, Ella showed me this pic when I walked in..."I can cut with scissors" and her paper that she cut in a square. Hmmm. I already knew this Ella, but thanks!!! Let's see if we can stick to paper now shall we?!

So it is off to Cookie Cutters once again to see what we can do to salvage her attempt at getting her hair cut. Sigh. It's a mom's life.

1 comment:

The Geezer said...

Could be worse, just as Paul Puffer.