Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Family Home Evening-A night of music

Samantha, our neighbor, one of my former Young Women, and our babysitter, was having her Spring Concert in the Utah Youth Symphony and asked us to come. The girls were SO excited to go and we put off going to the park to go to a concert instead. It was a wonderful time. A great Family Home Evening to talk about just one of the many things that Heavenly Father has given us. The main conductor at the end of the concert suggested that it was his belief that we as a human race have been able to obstain from even more wars, violence and at times find peace through music...I completely agree with him.
This is when the musicians were just tuning thier instruments. I LOVE the look of awe on Sofia's face!!
Some of the other fun things I observed while at the concert:
  • Ella asked for popcorn at least twice....I get it. Auditorium, dark, she figured this was a movie, only LIVE! It was still pretty funny.
  • Ella thought the clapping was cool...at first. Then started to cover her ears saying it was "TOO LOUD!"
  • Sofia leaned over to me at one point and said, "I wish when I was older I could play music." Oh baby girl, you can!!!
  • Ella was seen more than once moving her hands in sync with the conductor mimicing thier hands/arms moving to the music. It was precious.
  • I remembered how much I loved being on stage for choir and drama. Good times.
  • The Phantom of the Opera song freaked them both out and said it was too scary, but during the Mission Impossible theme song, Sofia was not waved into thinking it was actually for Mission Impossible and not The Incredibles.
  • I absolutely LOVE and respect the conductors, teachers and parents who keep the art of music alive in thier kids and help them know of its power.

Thanks for the invite Sam! We love you and loved hearing you play.

No comments: