Monday, April 30, 2012

CTR Superhero

I tried..I really tried to be on top of things this time around. Sofia came to meet me in Relief Society and promptly handed me that dreaded slip of paper, you know the one, the one that says- "Sofia has been asked to give a talk next week, blah, blah, blah." And I immediately put it on the fridge, meaning to talk to Sofia about it and have her memorize a line or two...Good intentions, yes. But you know the routine...Yeah. Did'nt happen.
So along comes Sunday morning and I again look at the slip of paper with disdain, had a quick thought and ran for a superhero cape, then went on to ripping the paper off the fridge as we ran out the door to church. Once we got there I got to work during Sacrament meeting..yes, I realize this was LESS EFFECTIVE on my part.


Well I jotted some thoughts down on the first paper I could find in the church bag- this is what it looked like. Scribbles, numbers to help me keep in sync and all. And you know what? The talk was great, Artyom came to hear her and agreed that she did wonderfully, we had pictures to keep the primary kids attention and Sofia made my day by saying, "Mom, that was the best talk ever!" Sigh. Crisis averted. And I have the talent of both Sofia's Grandma and Grandpa to thank!! I remember my Mom making up songs, little poems and cute sayings for people all the time. I even remember some of the rhyming that my Dad came up with in different cards he gave her. They were not too shabby either! SO thank you both. You helped make your granddaughter's talk, well....SUPER.
Even though you may not be able to see it, she has on her Superhero cape and a CTR shield. Here is her talk.

Superhereos are found here in our church-did you know that? It really is true
Theyre found in our Prophets who help us choose right, theyre found in each one of you!

When I choose the right, I know what to say what to do to live the narrow way
I watch what I eat, I watch how I live I always show love, and am quick to forgive.

I listen to a Prophets voice, just as if Jesus were speaking to me
The Prophet helps us find the way, to be all Heavenly Father wants us to be.

Prophets can't tell me, DO THIS! DO THAT! I always have a choice
When choosing, I must carefully listen-to my heart and the still small voice.

When I live what the prophets tell me today-it helps me tomorrow you see
Because choosing the right is what I do best, And it always begins with me.

Weve always had prophets-In old times and new, they speak the will of our God
I pray I will always listen to them, to walk the path Jesus feet trod.

So listen to the living prophets voice, and always try to do right
You will find YOUR superhero powers are found in the gospels light.

No comments: