Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

We, the Martushev's are pretty darn lucky to have the extended family that we do here in Utah. Ever since Paul, Liane and kids moved back to Oregon - we have been starving for some attention from family and our girls, want thier COUSINS! Aunt Nannette and Uncle Dave, "Nana and Papou" had us over once again for Easter and we had a great time.
We ate, played and had the annual Easter Egg Eggstravaganza (where we basically see who's egg we can crack by hitting it! Good times.
I made some cute outfits for the girls for the event and it got me motivated once again to make some clothes for the girls this Summer. Summer tops and skirts are so easy-peasy to make and I have some material that needs to be used up!
This Easter was so fun to spend with the girls. Sofia had alot of questions about the resurrection of the Saviour and we had a few wonderful opportunites to explain to her what that meant and all he did for us. It was pretty special.
I hope everyone had the same wonderful holiday with family, friends and others keeping the spirit of why we celebrate this special time. I am so grateful for all the Lord did and continuously does for me and mine...I know he sees me, knows me and loves me. That alone gets me through some of those times where you just feel like throwing in the towel and moving on.
Happy Easter everyone. I hope it was wonderful.

No comments: