Friday, April 20, 2012

When I grow up I want to be

Sofia came home from prek quite awhile ago and told me they talked about what they wanted to be when they grew up. She told me that her answer was "a worker just like mom". Well it made me sad for a second, because I hope she will not have to work like I do, but very proud that she thought of me regarding something she wanted to aspire to.
I also thought that maybe she would change her mind or think of something else. NOPE. When we went to her parent/teacher conference, we were shown "THE WALL" where each child drew a picture of themselves and under the title "When I grow up I want to be..." Sofia very proudly showed me hers. There it was for all to see "A worker like mom."
I decided to have Artyom bring the girls to my new job and let her have a stab at being a worker. She didnt skip a beat, got right up on the chair, started typing away and even picked up the phone and had a mock conversation with someone. She was a hit with the rest of my team.
So here is Sofia in her "office debut" and loving it. I plan on getting her a "work basket" for her birthday this year, filled with post its, a play phone (old school style) our old keyboard and she can use her mini barbie laptop thingy to make her own littl office of her very own. My girl-the business woman in training.

1 comment:

Jacki said...

So cute!! I love that she wants to be like you when she grows up. Just shows you are an awesome mom.