Friday, May 18, 2012

The logic of a 5 year old

Some background: When I think of the invention of the DVR, it just makes me happy. I know I would probley be much better off without it as I would never watch another TV program from start to finish again or perhaps at all, but I do really like it. Even when I do get to see a show, I am pausing it every few minutes to answer a question, take someone, somewhere, for something...you fill in the blank. So when Little Miss Sofia discovered how to use the remote and turned our upstairs bedroom TV into thier own little viewing nikelodeon cartoon experience, well let's just say a 20 minute program can turn into an HOUR with the amount of pausing she does. Her pausing usually comes from needing drink, getting a snack, going and getting just one more stuffed animal for the bed, yelling at Ella, etc. you get the picture. Pausing it has become a natural part of life for this little girl.

Back to the present:We were saying Family Prayer last night and after the usual debate of who is going to say it which ususally goes like this-the drama rarely happens except when  it comes to Sofia's turn and she does'nt want to say it in Russian. Then we go back and forth with Ella wanting to say it, but we would like Sofia to say it as well. A few crocodile tears and it comes to about a 50/50 success rate of her actually saying it. Well yesterday Sofia promptly went through the days to let us know that it was indeed NOT her turn to say it, but Artyoms. So he started and a few seconds later I hear Sofia, "Mom, can I pause it? I need to go get something...."

I absolutely wanted to pause that moment and remember how CUTE the logic of a 5 year old can be. Sofia my sweets, we just love you!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

So cute! Holden pauses the TV a million times too. But he hasn't used it in conversation yet. LOL! Love your cute girls.

Pederson Seven said...

Cute! Our family prayer dilemma goes like this...if it's not Kurts turn, he leaves crying his head off. It makes for a wonderful feeling around prayer time:)Hoping the phase wears off soon.
krystal