Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's gotta be the accent...

We have been seeing a HUGE increase in Sofia and her Russian and Ella is not far behind. Both girls understand much more than I give them credit for, and when Ella does not get what Artyom is saying (he only speaks to them in Russian- NO English) often times Sofia will step in and let her know, "Ella, Papa said this ________" Its pretty stinkin cute.
So we are now really focusing on them speaking more in Russian. Often that happens when it is thier turn for Family Prayer. We ask the girls to say prayer in Russian. Last night it was Sofia's turn, but as much as we tried to tell her that Heavenly Father WOULD understand her in Russian, she said she was just "too shy" to say a prayer in Russian. Ella, however, was all for saying prayer in Russian and with Papa's help, she started.
BAD MOM SPOILER-I could not help myself but peek a few times as when Ella started to repeat what Artyom was saying, it was pretty clear. Then with Sofia on my lap, when she started to giggle, I knew something was up...so I peaked. Cutest Little Ella was falling asleep as Artyom whispered the Russian words into her ear! LOL. It was so tender and cute!! Her eyes would start to close as he talked and then she would repeat..as best she could being half asleep and it would repeat. She was basically full on asleep by the time we said "Amen". Cutest moment ever. No, I did not take a pic to show. It would have been poor form to have my camera phone right there during the prayer...besides that it was upstairs at the time...I know! I'm working on it!
Sweet Ella, I get it. That Russian accent coming from that voice of your Papa's sometimes puts me to sleep too!

1 comment:

Pederson Seven said...

Adorable! and so awesome about the girls learning russian. I love it:)
krystal