Friday, November 22, 2013

What's in a name

This is a loaded question if you were to ask Ella. She has names for EVERYTHING. Some are generic (her giraffe's name is...giraffe) but others she comes up with all on her own. She has a few giraffes and the names vary from baby giraffe,Safari, baby flower, yeah...you get the idea.
 
Aside from being called Mama (my favorite) she also calls me Mom, green eyes, Momichka (Russian), Betsy (hehe)  and a few others I can think of right now. But for her other half (aka her sibling) well there is only one name she has for her...SISTER.
 
It has yet to not put a smile on my face when she calls her that- and she ALWAYS does. It is not like Artyom and I ingrained it in her- really it is the opposite. It always was weird to me when Mom's would say go get "sister" instead of using their name or saying "your sister". But sister it has been and sister it seems will remain.
 
Sofia doesnt seem to mind. She answers each and every time and its pretty cute to hear. Ella made Sofia's day last night as I was making dinner and the girls were playing. Sofia came running in with a big smile on her face.
"Mom!" "Ella is saying my name!" "She really is!" "Its because were pretend playing, but she said SOFIA!"
 
Its the little things in life...it really is.

No comments: