Friday, May 10, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane

I cannot even BEGIN to count how many times I hear Sofia ask if we can go on a plane. Every time I have left on business trips (which up until the last year or so was quite a bit), she REALLY wanted to go on a plane. Well recently...She got her wish.
 
After my 10 day trip in Italy, I was finally able to get some phone reception when I landed in JFK. I had ALOT of voicemails to get through. One was my oldest brother Jon, "requesting my prescence" there in Oregon that weekend. This was Tuesday night mind you and I was not even to my final destination yet. The thought of getting on another plane wanted to make me vomit, but I could not pass up the opportunity.
So Thursday night bags were packed, Friday morning tickets were bought and we had the biggest surpirse EVER for the girls (well besides getting a sibling which they are still anxiously waiting for...sigh.)
 
We told the girls we were going out to dinner, so Artyom put the suitcase in the car without the girls seeing and we headed out. We had been driving a bit when Sofia started to catch up and asked where it was we were eating at...As we got to the Airport Terminal area, I said, "well I thought we would eat at the airport. What do you think?" "Uhh...ok Mom" Then I said, "and after we eat, I thought we could fly to Oregon and see Grandpa, the Uncles and all our cousins"...I could HEAR Sofia's mind putting together what I had just said and the BIGGEST grin and teary eyed girl looked at me with the biggest eyes ever. REALLY MOM?!
Priceless.
 



They traveled GREAT! And only got ancy a few times. It was definitely something they will not forget...and hopefully the don't. Cause with the airfare prices the way they are right now? Who knows the next time we will be on a plane!

2 comments:

uniquelynat said...

what a SUPER fun surprise! my children would LOVE it if that ever happened. Chicky still talks about when we went to Virginia (like she remembers it so well). The one and only time in her short life she has been on a plane so far. And the boy was only 18mo old so he can't remember a thing about it- but acts like he does. You know how that goes.

Kurt, Alexandra, Yulia, Isabella said...

I love this post, Charity! You are seriously the coolest mom ever! And what an adventure for them to remember!