Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Don't worry Mom. I know this happens alot

It's every parents hope they never get a call from the school while their kids are there. My stereotypical Monday did not disappoint when I got that dreaded call from the school. I was in a meeting so when I got back to my desk, Artyom had called a number of times, I had a msg on my work phone and a text from Artyom. Luckily I looked at the text first.

Sofia peed her pants. They need a new set of clothes for her.
 
Once I resolved that the call did not involve the loss of limbs, I THEN listened to the phone message. I felt so bad and wondered what had happened. After the "phone tree" of calls, and organization of trying to find out who would get to her the quickest, I got a hold of Jacki who was home and able to pick her up ASAP. I mean come on...no one wants to sit in wet pants for long...
 
Sofia was picked up, got to Jackis and I called to see if she was ok or scarred for life (as I would have been at her age...) I got her on the phone and she "whispered" to me what happened. She said her and her friends, her bff Diana and Natalia were on a twister thing, having so much fun at recess, and she and her friends were laughing so hard that they could not stop laughing and she accidently peed her pants.
 
Well. Here is my bad mom moment of the day, cause I completely ERUPTED in laughter and I am darn lucky that she started laughing hysterically too.
 
Then she said "MOM! Don't laugh. I know it happens all the time."
 
That got me going all over again and she and I just laughed on the phone together for a few minutes...Best.Moment.Ever.
 
Lesson learned from my beautiful 6 year old daughter today? Don't sweat the small stuff. Laugh till you cry...or pee your pants. Cause after all...it happens all the time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats funny. Your brother shared the link to your blog and I had to take a look. I don't see too many ppl with the name Charity too. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

*cousin