Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pelmeni- It's whats for dinner.

My Dad has been going back and forth from Oregon to Utah ALOT the last several months with Aunt Diane's poor health and passing, then the dissolving of her estate. The great part of the whole ordeal is that he has been able to stay with us and the girl's have LOVED having Grandpa here.
I'm not sure if it is a good or a bad thing, but staying with someone longer than a few days you start to see thier "patterns" in alot of areas. One of ours that my Dad noticed about our Family? I was SO not kidding about the sour cream thing.

I mentioned once before that there is at any one time at lest THREE tubs of sour cream in our fridge...and no, I am not exaggerating. I remember one of the many moments that I knew my girls had some Russian influence in thier lives when Sofia asked to have sour cream with bread for dinner...something that Artyom does quite frequently. hehe.

So my Dad and I were running to the store and I was getting random things, as we passed the Dairy aisle, my Dad asked if we needed sour cream...I was quick and ready to reply when I looked at his face-good joke Dad. Well done.

So our favorite thing to have with our sour cream? PELMENI!! We have our fave fillers (some have different kinds of meat, some cabbage with egg, some potato) and the other night Sofia requested Pelmeni. She helped make dinner and had to take a pic of it before we gobbled it all down! Seriously. my two girls can PUT SOME PELMENI DOWN! :) And better yet? Dinner literally involves boiling some water. DONE!

No comments: