Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another Resolution- CROSSED OFF THE LIST

Let's be up front and honest...I am NOT a runner. I believe there are certain people in this world that are genetically manufactured to run long distances and I am just NOT one of those people. I like to run- but not Forrest Gump Run...
So for whatever reason I decided to put a 5K and a 10K on my 2013 Year's Resolution list. Basically it was to help me get back into the gym...and it worked!! My 5K was coming up and although I was not exactly where I wanted to be, I was pretty determinded. The morning of the race, I woke up to this...
It was about 8 inches of snow on the ground...NICE.
 SO I grabbed a big bowl of oatmeal and put on my game face! See? Thats my " I'm just soo excited to race in the frigid cold!!" face.
 
That is I WAS... Until I got to the race and realized I did not have any gloves...I was a bit concerned....
HOWEVER! All's well that ends well...and I did end, well finish. I even beat my time on the treadmill! I assumed it was due to the fact that I wanted to be back in my warm car as QUICKLY as HUMANLY POSSIBLE. I know, I know, less than pretty pic, but hey- I'd been running...and I suck at trying to take a pic of myself.
I dont know what I am more proud of- that medal with the foot stamp on it...or the satisfaction of crossing off the list another resolution when I got home.

1 comment:

hope2adoptbaby said...

Way to go! I am so not a runner either! :)