Monday, February 18, 2013

I heart my kindergarter

I have to work. Its a fact of my life. I am also a Mom. This is also a fact. So when something comes up with the girls at school or other events that they are involved in, I need to prioritize my day- which is not always easy as a working mom, but I put my work aside and JUST be a Mom. So that is what I did on Valentine's Day.
The story behind it is quite funny, as there was a slip in Sofia's backpack to ask Parent's to come and volunteer to help with the party. Sofia BEGGED me for days to get me to go and I said I thought it would be ok. Well much like her momma, she took matters in her own hands and filled out the slip herself and got it back to the teacher. So I was on the hook!
I was a bit late in getting there, since I had a meeting that ran a bit over. I sped to get to the shool and agonized at how upset she would be that I was not only LATE, but REALLY LATE and wondered if it would have been better if I had not gone at all. Nope.
I walked in and saw her at a "game station" they had set up. So I just sat down at the table and waited for her to see me. When she did? BEST. MOMENT. EVER. I would not have traded the look on her face at that moment for anything in the world.