Monday, December 30, 2013

Norweigan Smörgåsbord!

Smörgåsbord-Typically a celebratory meal and guests can help themselves from a range of dishes laid out for their choice.Yeah. We pretty much NAILED IT!  
Ella helping make the traditional Norwiegan Bakkel!

Here is a look at the SPREAD! It was DELISH!!

 I know I will get the name incorrect of this- klugkaka. Sigh. Well at any rate- ITS YUMMY!! And I had to get the pic of the counter top at Aunt Dianes.
Jessie also made Marzipan and it was SO good. She has definitely kept up with some of my faves from Aunt Diane including the cranberry jello- with nuts of course!


We got all the kids pajamas and they not only had a Fashion Show, but sang us a song! Ill try to get the recording on here.

 
What a fun filled evening. We had it at Aunt Dianes in tribute of her matriarchy she was to our family. This was a tradition she hoped we would continue for generations and I hope we do.
We shared memories of Aunt Diane throughout the night and definitely and some tears shed, er shared.

1 comment:

Pederson Seven said...

Yay! We made bakkels too! I'll have to get the pics up soon.
Looks like a ball:)
krystal