Friday, December 13, 2013

Paying it forward

As part of our Christmas work party here at CompHealth- we were let loose to do a random act of kindess with $20 bucks and a dream! My group headed to the Dollar Store and went to my family's Doctor's office and handed out toys to the kids in the waiting room. Thier faces were PRICELESS!! There was one little boy in particular that we were talking about for the rest of the day. His face literally came to life when I handed him a foam football. It was A DOLLAR and by the look on his face, you would have thought I just handed him THE winning ticket. I was also really impressed by the parents and them being willing to LET us do our random act of kindness. People will surprise you sometimes...if we give them the chance to.
Pay it forward this holiday...I have not been able to stop smiling since we got back.
Here is a pic of all the loot we were able to pick up!

We GOT THIS!!

This was one of my co-workers Rustin trying to get a peek over our HUGE bag of toys!
 
Say CHEESE! It was FREEZING, but were still a smilin!

We hit the "DOLLAR STORE MECCA!" There was A Family Dollar AND a Dollar Tree all in the same parking lot!
 
The girls and I have also had the tradition of paying for the car behind us when we are at McDonalds or another fast food joint. They will literally SQUEEL and plaster themselves with thier hands on the back window to see the reaction of the people behind us as we drive away. I LOVE it. The giggles and smiles of the girls is WELL worth it.
What do YOU do to pay it forward?
 

No comments: