Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Something for nothing

A co-worker told me the sweetest story today. And experience he had just last weekend that not only changed him I am sure, but it changed me as well.
 He played Santa for a photo shoot for his wife and decided to keep the suit on as they went downtown to do other family activities. The walked into the Jospeh Smith Memorial Bldg. RIGHT as the choir performing carols sang, "Here comes Santa Claus".  He was just supposed to be there at that time. That's just how miracles work.
He was BOMBARDED by children all wanting pics, and hugs and to hear Santa listen to the wish of their hearts. He took the time to meet with each and every one that wanted to see "Santa". He told me about one boy in particluar, Logan who is battling lukemia. When asked what he wanted for Christmas Logan said, "I just want to feel better". We both teared up as he told the story to me.
Most of the time we do "something for something". This is the time of year we should do "something for nothing". What amazing people I am surrounded by. Bless you Logan, and may your Christmas wish come true...

No comments: