Monday, March 4, 2013

Hay is for Horses...but we give them apples

I consider it a blessing that our neighbors have a HUGE field in thier backyard. It has housed goats, cows (remember #34?) and the latest horses. Not only is is a HUGE plus for the kids who come over, but I really like the girls being exposed to a bit of "country living" and animals. They never know the real names of the animals, so they make up thier own. With the two horses that are being housed there now, its "Brownie" and "Slicker" (don't ask...)
So late Friday night, Grandpa and I were rearranging some things in the garage to make some room and the Grey Horse was snorting at me and making noise, knowing I just might have an apple to give him. I was going back and forth from the garage to the shed, so I guess he thought I was teasing him. On the last trip to the shed, I did bring him an apple, but he had already headed back to his stall. When he saw that my Dad and I were near the shed, he cam BARRELLING toward the gate, I just stood there, since he does it all the time. he races to the fence and screeches to a halt right in front of it throwing his head back. Hehe. It makes me smile everytime.
Then the next morning, I was getting breakfast for the girls and cleaning up a bit and kept hearing noises outside...So i opened the window and these two were neighing and snorting at me...
Well I am a sucker for these two so I told the girls they were out and cut up a few apples for them. The girls raced out in thier pajamas, and I ran after them to get a pic!

No comments: