Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ciao! That's how you say hello in Italian

Yep. It is as nerdy as it looks. I'm headed to go see Jen in Italy and am trying to do my best to be able to communicate, albeit incomprehensibly...in Italian and learn a few key phrases before I go. It's funny to some, but one of the things I am MOST excited about is going to a country where English is NOT the first language. I LOVE not knowing what people are saying and seeing other cultures in thier element (not transplants- but in thier own country). I think it is one of the most fascinating things in the world.
So I sit at my desk with my ear bud and listen over and over again to the pronounciation of phrases and then try and quiz myself with the above folded flashcards. Ill do my best to at least say SOMETHING the Italians will understand and if I butcher it, making a complete fool of myself? Well that's easy. Ill just bust out the language of the Motherland and tell em' I'm Russian....
 
Grazie Tante!

1 comment:

uniquelynat said...

when do you go? when am i coming to visit you? when are you coming to visit me? i would ask all of those in Italian, alas- I have no flash cards to tell me how ;)

i hope you have a B L A S T!!!!!