Friday, March 22, 2013

Fortune cookies...take em or leave em

A few of us got Chinese for lunch today. I figured it was A: cheap. and B: I hope to run at least SOME of the calories off during the race tomorrow...in the snow...and cold...Should be AWESOME!

So I am a bit of a conniseur when it comes to fortune cookies..Some are just incredible tasty and others? Well they leave something to be desired. However. That being said, I ALWAYS at least look at the fortune hiddin inside the oragami shaped cookie. Todays read this:
"To love and win is the best thing To love and lose is the next"
 
It struck a cord in me for whatever reason. I have had both happen in my few short years here on Earth (cough...cough...Im feeling very old lately) and I thought if it were indeed true. And decided that yes. I have just as many fond memories and good feeling about the love that I lost when I think about it. Loss should not always have a negative connotation to it. In fact, there are a few things that I am forever grateful that I did not win, but in fact, lost in my life.
 
Anyway. Moral of the post? Always open your fortune cookie. You never know what sort of ponderings may follow.
 

No comments: