Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You could call it a coincidence...but I know better

"It's all in a name" or so I have heard. And I know alot of people would call it a coincidence, or the fact that it was a popular name at that time, especially here in Utah it seems, but we have been blessed with some of the most amazing "Linda's" in our life. The top on the girls's list of course being Grandma Pederson. However there have been a few others that I know without a doubt that have been put in my path by the Linda I call mom.

I remember when I lived in downtown Salt Lake-shortly after my mom passed away. I had a rude awakening one morning to discover my car, as well as my roommates had been broken into. I didnt have much in the car, but I happened to leave my backpack there the night before and it had all my VERY expensive textbooks in it. That was what I was most upset about. I prayed for some peace of mind, knowing that my info. was on some paperwork in the car and just wanted to feel safe. A little later that morning, I got a call asking if I had lost a backpack. When I explained why yes, in a round about way that I had, she said her name was "Linda" and she was walking that morning and found some textbooks and a backpack scattered in the road and bushes and decided to pick it up and take it home. I was so grateful to get it back and just started crying on the phone to her when she told me her name. I know it was my mom doing a little something that she could do from the other side, to let me know she was near.

We also have our neighbor who's granddaughter that lives with her is our go to babysitter. She is so cute with the girls and loves them. She not only let's them come and sit by here at church somtimes, but when Sofia was fascinated with Indians, she had her over to tell her all about it. She even gave her a dreamcatcher and some postcards to take home. Her name? Linda.

Then there is our other "Friend Grandma" as the girls call her- Linda. It is Betsy's mother in law whom she lives with and the girls adore her. She is amazing! She is going to nursing school which is a perfect occupation for her. When Ella got sick last week, I got to Betsy's to find Ella on Linda's lap just snuggling till I got there. I am very blessed to have such people in our lives. The other day, while Betsy and I were trying to figure out the printer at her house, Linda pulled out a game and started to play it with the kids...yeah...she's just like that.



1 comment:

Shelby said...

Totally not a coincidence. :)