Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nothing like a bunch of 6 year olds singing!

Maka has been telling me JUST how much I was going to love her singing at her kindergarten music program that was coming up. She refused to tell me what song(s) she would be singing, but said I was going to love it...Well she was right. I did! I must admit that when I was sitting there and watching her class, I got teary eyed. Not only due to the cuteness factor, but remembering the kids of the tragedy that happened at another elementary school in Connecticut. I hugged her a bit tighter that day.
They looked adorable and sang Ruduloph the Red nosed Reindeer and We wish you a Merry Christmas. She waved and smiled and sang so great! It was a pretty proud parent moment for Artyom and I. Ella sat on my lap again as she is in somewhat of a shy stage as of late. She did, however, clap her little hands out for not only her big sister, but each of the performances after they had finished. Then, they got to have cookies and juice from Mrs. Merrill, Sofia's teacher and watch Frosty the Snowman as they waited for the rest of the grades to perform. So fun! It definitely helped bring in the true spirit of Christmas into my heart...and since mine has been a bit heavy lately, I needed it!

No comments: