Monday, August 10, 2009

My Name is....Sofia's Mom

We got to watch our neighbors kids the other week while they went on a date night. I highly recommend finding someone you know that you can trade nights of babysitting with. They have 4 kids 10 and under and with our 2- it was 6 altogether and to be honest? They were great!

They played so well with our kids and two cheese pizzas, 1 jug of lemonade, 1/2 can of mini ravioli (one of the kids didn't want pizza) and 4 cups of popcorn with a treat on top with a side of a sippy cup later- Aladdin was in the DVD Player and they just watched it.

I have never heard my name so much in one night...and by name I mean "Sofia's Mom" This was a new experience for me and I loved it!! I loved hearing my name knowing it meant I belonged to someone. I love that they know exactly who I am...Sofia's (and Ella's) Mom.

2 comments:

uniquelynat said...

Just wait till she goes to school and you go in to volunteer in her class and you have a whole room full of kids saying that to you. because, of course, mrs. carpenter, or ms natalie are too hard to remember...or even think of.

(i loved it too just so you know. and even more fun was going into the cafeteria on friday, during the first week of a new school year, and some of them still ran up and gave me hugs. LOOOOVE it!)

big_smartmouth said...

i remember growing up, i was always "misty/michaels sister"...but, when i grew up, the roles switched, "...misty mager? oh, sarahs sister!" ha! i loved it. of course, now i'm "illyas wife". go figure. btw misty says that "sofia/ellas mom" never goes away...and she says it gets old! HA!