Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catch and Bait

So here is the thing...

Since I have never owned anything as big as our home before (and the price that comes with our humble abode). I was giddy with excitement to actually be able to to whatever I wanted with it. Dreams of home makeovers danced in my head and this last month I was able to make at least one a reality. I will have pics posted tomorrow (hopefully- as Sare will kill me if I dont) and you can all be a part of the "happiness is..." clause that I call my new bathroom.

Just so you have the catch and bait story to lead up to the excitemet of the "unveiling" before and after shots- here is how it all went down.

The Red Flame is a handyman. A great guy to have around. So I had been bugging him about when we could re-do the bathroom. I mean, come on. How hard could it really be? So much to his chagrin, I got a bit ahead of myself and just 2 weeks before my brother Jon's Open house (at our home mind you) I started to tear the wallpaper down. My thought? I figured I would be able to paint the next day and be done with it. PAH!

Needless to say The Red Flame was NOT a happy Russian when he came home and discovered what I had done. HOWEVER, he is a champ and helped me with the things I did not know how to do and with much hard work and late nights from the both of us, we got it done. He was hanging the mirror and towel holder about 30 minutes before our guests started to arrive for the Open House.

HOWS THAT FOR HANDY?! So get excited for the pics. Ill post the comment our Little One said upon entering it tomorrow as well and we will see if you agree.

Until then...

2 comments:

Alison B said...

Oh, how hilarious!!! I did this EXACT same thing with our first house. The bathroom downstairs needed the wallpaper taken down. I mean, it was pink paisley!!! it was bad. So, I did it while Mark was at work, and he came home to a much bigger project that we both anticipated and a long night of tearing down wallpaper. He was not thrilled with me. :) But it looked sooooo much better afterwards. I think he was happy in the long run. ha! can't wait to see the before and after pictures!!

big_smartmouth said...

yes, the red flame is pretty handy. i will be borrowing that man once we get our first home!