Sunday, August 23, 2009

Content

So. Last night I went on a date (Yes, a real date. Hand holding, you don't have to pay date!) with a Boy! (who just happened to be the Red Flame). We abandoned the kids and ran to Lagoon for one of our Russian friends birthday parties. Luckily we had got in half off (man that place is expensive!!).

As we held hands (our own hands without kids in between us) and walked through the park, we rode roller coasters (even the rickety, old white one- remember that one?!) including wicked, spider (which I loved!) and Colossus (I know my brothers remember this one!) played video games and just enjoyed each other and talked.

What a night! It was great! At one point as we were waiting in line, we saw a group of teens with one girl in particular that seemed very eager for attention. all 3 girls were in these outfits and after observing them for a moment, Artyom and I looked at each other and gave "the look". You know the one. The one where we BOTH know what we needed to say without saying it. Well luck have it we just said it in Russian. "No way. Never. will our girls be allowed to leave the house looking like that!!" It was a great time and we had a blast feeling young again as we rode the rides. At the end of the night, (which was only about 10:30) I was eager to get home. Tired and content to start all over again tomorrow.

And although the crowd at Lagoon that surrounded us would have proven otherwise, I could not help but wonder....Am I getting too old for this?

2 comments:

Alison B said...

sounds fun! Wish we could have been there, too. Mark and I went to Disney without the kids last fall and it was a BLAST! We were running from ride to ride. It was hilarious. But, yes, I did start to feel old when I rode a roller coaster 3 times in a row and I felt pretty queazy. :)

big_smartmouth said...

no, honey. you are never too old to ride those things. the only difference from now and from when you were younger is that you're older, own more things, and are a better dresser!