Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who knew

Annie was her name and she was one of my best childhood friends. She was so nice and always friendly to everyone. I remember at lunch when we would drag out our brown paper sacks, or lunch boxes, she would always have a note from her Mom in hers. She didnt make a big deal out of it, but I was always SO envious of that. I thought how cool it would be if it were ME who had a note in my lunch bag.
Well I remember saying then and there that when I became a Mom, that is something that I would do for my girls. It made that much of an impact on me that 20..some years later, here I am doing it for my girls.
And I am so glad I do.
The girls go back and forth about the choice between home lunch as they call it and school lunch. They usually decide when they look at the menu and see what it will be. Fridays are always school lunch (Pizza day) but lately, it's been home lunch.
So yesterday, when I got home Sofia was SO excited to tell me about her note she had in her lunch bag. "MOM! The WHOLE TABLE wanted to see it! I had to pass it around to EVERYONE!" "It was SO cool. Thank you Mom- and this was followed by one big hug."
Who knew. Who knew a 2 second thing that I do in the wee hours of the morning while I'm finishing the lunches would make such a difference in the life of my girls. Well now, I do. Now, I know.
If I an make my girl's day just a LITTLE bit better with a note, consider it done. Thanks Annie, and thank your Mom for being such a great example of when I became a Mom, it was something I wanted to do.

No comments: