Monday, January 13, 2014

Martushev Polar Express

During the holidays, I really wanted to do something cute with the girls and try to make it a tradition. Here's what we (with Betsy's help of course) came up with.
We had the girls get into thier pajamas a bit early and I took them downstairs to read some books. Luck would have it that they chose some Russian books which I always let Artyom read to them. This  helped our plan ALOT. Muaahhahha.
So while the girls and I were reading our books, Artyom was upstairs "prepping" He put the antlers and red nose on the car, put in blankets, stuffed animals, etc. and started the car so it was all nice and warm.
THEN he came downstairs and we switched as he read the girls the Russian books. I went up and got my phone.
So picture this: Artyom is reading and I put the phone right inside the door. I had the first part of "Polar Express" playing. It has the sound of a train coming, with the whistle and you hear Tom Hanks saying " ALL ABOARD- GET YOUR TICKETS READY. WELL...YOU COMIN?"  SO you start to hear the train...then the whistle. Artyom said, "Girls, do you hear something?" What is that?!" Then I rewound it and played the train LOUDER. Then they heard it with Tom Hanks voice, " ALL ABOARD- GET YOUR TICKETS READY. WELL...YOU COMIN?"
The girls freaked out. I could not have asked for a better reaction.
"Our tickets!" "We dont have any tickets!!" Which , of course they did. I had put them under thier pillows a few minutes earlier. They grabbed thier tickets, coats and stuffed animals and we headed out to a decorated car, all warmed up with thier fave blankets, went through Mc'ds drive thru for hot chocolate and were were on our way aboard our OWN "Martushev Polar Express"
We took the girls to the Thanksgiving Point lights and although there were a TON of cars in line and it was QUITE the wait, we still had a blast. What a fun memory to have made with my little family.

 Here are the tickets we used. I acutally got them from work for some raffle we were doing. LOL So I put our names on each one and we all had our very own ticket.

This was the pic we took of the girls as we were ready to go on our "Martushev Polar Express" adventure!

And after we had gone through McDonalds for our hot chocolate. Of course Monkey and Giraffe were present and accounted for.



 SO FUN!! I may not be able to do all the things I would like to while I am a working Mom, but its times like these that I am truly grateful for.

No comments: