Monday, January 27, 2014

Reconnecting with my inner Russian

I have loved being able to spend more time with our Russian friends and when we have the food- MAN. It not only takes me back to years ago being in that great country I have thought of my second home, but gives me the motivation I need to once again start making Russian food.
Last week we were able to go to a get together and one of my friends made Gullipsee (stuffed cabbage rolls) and they were DE-LISH! I decided to try it this weekend. They were not only EASY but you make them in the crock pot which made them even easier to do. I thought they turned out pretty well. MUCH better than when I made them before on the stove top. That was kind of a nightmare.
As with any recipe, I think I will tweak a few things next time and make the stuffed inside a bit more "seasoned", but over all...YUM!


No comments: