Friday, June 14, 2013

Where there is wind

The other day we had a few microbursts come through and I have never in my life seen Sofia so terrified. She and Ella were at a friends house 2 houses down and when the sky started to get dark, I had a feeling that something was coming. So I went outside to call them in and my yell was compeletely LOST in the wind. Crazy. So the next thing I see is Sofia RUNNING down the sidewalk, screaming and Ella at her heels. Sofia thought it was a tornado and could NOT be consoled. I could understand why! Branches were being RIPPED off trees, things were flying through the air, it was pretty scary... She had to call Artyom to make sure he was ok as well...it was quite the ordeal.
So last night the wind was not as violent and we decided to fly kites at a friends house we were visiting...the kites broke within 5 minutes..less effective.
It didnt stop the fun though and these threee cuties had a BLAST just running around the wide open field..in the wind...
Ella, Sofia and Emily, were BFF's from "hello" and even put on a fashion show for us later on that night. I was with Artyom, Eddie, from Brazil and myself...It was great. I love accents. And since mine was the only boring one out of the bunch, I found myself just listening to the two of them talk. Good times...
When we left Sofia had made a picture of her two new partners in crime and Emily was able to take it to her Mom's house. We have a Brazillian BBQ planned for a few weeks from now where Eddie says we will be in steak heaven. I can't wait!!
I love it when the girls find friends they (and Artyom and I!) like...
 

No comments: