Monday, June 10, 2013

Staycation

I must admit that I have never been on a staycation with the girls, but I think we have found a new tradition! My cousins have told me stories of staycations they went on as kids, and I thought it was a super fun idea if you could find a hotel cheap enough.
Well it was the last few days of our 2 week stint without Artyom and the girls did really well all things considered. Our schedules were turned upside down, and with school ending, Summer beginning and life as a single parent for a few weeks, I thought we deserved something extra special. Our plan to go camping with some friends fell through and the girls were REALLY sad about it.  I figured they needed a break. I found a super cheap deal on a hotel a few hours before hand and decided that it was a sign! hehe. So off we went. We only had 2 requirements: A pool (this was a MUST) and that there was free breakfast (who wants to worry about breakfast on staycation?!).
We scored on both for under $50!
So what did we do? Funny you ask! As I was about to show you! Warning: there are ALOT of pics...Enjoy!
So in a nutshell we spent the majority of our time here:





 
We got to the hotel and the girls "approved" it. They figured we would have fun..and we SO did.
We spent some time at the pool and then went to get dinner. We got a little silly waiting for our pizza...
  One of the perks of having two little cuties for kids? FREE DESSERT! Thanks NY Pizza Patrol. Our Zeppoles were DE-LISH!

Then it was movies on the Kindle Fire (thank goodness we brought it. We had 1 kids channel, and even then, it was mostly Sponge Bob...not acceptable.
And shortly thereafter the girls CRASHED.
The next day we were BACK at the pool for some fun before checkout. From 7:45 on the girls were asking me every 5 minutes (literally) if the pool was open yet. And what is a staycation without meeting new friends?! It took many, many tries, but we finally got Sofia's cannonball action shot as well as one with her new friend Nick whom she met.



NICE FORM MAKA!! And here is Sofia and her little friend Nick
I enjoyed my self as well...As did Ella!

We already have another "staycation" place booked (I found another hot "KSL Deal" in Park City- SQUEE) and have made some rules and regulations for ourselves to not only keep us on budget, but make sure we get what we want.
So do as we did and take a Staycation. Your kids will love it and the memories we made were WELL worth it. 
 

 

2 comments:

Josh said...

I love the pictures! Sounds like you guys had tons of FUN!

Shelby said...

FOR SURE a pool is on the list of requirements for a staycation!