Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kiss Me Dirty Run and Obstacle Course

Even though this was the "after" pic...you get the idea...

I did a 5k run and obstacle course over the weekend and it being the first time I have done one in the mud, I was not sure what to expect. Its called KISS ME DIRTY and an all women race. Some women have been doing this for years. It benefits Gynecological Cancer Research and man. Did it have obstacles! Some of the obstacles were certainly a bit more challenging than I expected them to be, and I will have to get some before pics so you can see us clean, but it was so much fun!
Mud, water, and costumes were basically all you saw throughout the race. This is what our costumes looked like following the race....they were thrown away. I also donated my tshirt to the garbage as it was just not worth getting through the grime to see if it could make it another day. I was sore after the race, not more than what I thought I would be, but sore all the same!
The girls came and were at a few of the obstacles cheering me on and that was the absolute best part of the entire experience. I loved hearing them yell "Run Mom Run. Run Mom Run." I think they were a little proud of me and it made my heart SWELL to see them. Or maybe it was just the chance they had to hose me down once we got home with ice cold water from the hose in the backyard!

I must have liked it because I am doing another (this one is co-ed) 5k mud and obstacle course- this one will a timed race and I have heard it makes the Kiss me Dirty race look like a cake walk....great.
Our team Name? "The Dirty Thirty Somethings" Yep. Those race pics will be coming soon!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

So, the Dirty Dash is totally a 10K with a 5K shortcut. FYI. ;)
But we are going to have a blast nonetheless!

Pederson Seven said...

You so totally rock!!!
krystal