Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Rhyming we will go

Our Ward recently split our primary into Junior and Senior classes and as much as it had to be done, the Junior Primary seems a bit sparse at times. This means that the roatation of kids giving talks, prayers and the scripture comes around your way much faster than before. You may recall that Sofia gave a talk 3 weeks ago. The next week Ella had the scripture and then again the week after that, Sofia came running up with that slip of paper that you KNOW means you will be rhyming once more for a talk that kids will understand and finding pictures to go along with it.
The latest subject? "When I turn 8 I can be baptized" So here is what she said, rhymed, repeated...whatever. ")

8 is a magical number, the others are still as much fun
But when I turn 8 I can be baptized so its kind of a magical one.

I want to choose right, I want to follow- the example the Savior gave me
And so I'll be baptized, fully in water whether it be the lake, a font or the sea.

I choose the right when Im baptized- I choose the right when I'm confirmed
It's a gift of the Holy Ghost we are given -It's a gift that has to be earned.

I love our church and always want to be part of it-and go to the temple some day
So it's my job to choose the right in each and every way.

I love my Heavenly Father so I always try to choose right
I know sometimes I don't do so, but I try to with all of my might.

So I promise to my Heavenly Father-to always do my part
To choose the right, to be baptized, and love others with all of my heart.

No comments: