Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Such a small number to descibe such a big girl...

You're three Sofia. Today you are three years old. Many of my friends are relishing the fact that they have thier youngest who has already surpassed this landmark and yet I am staring it in the face. Will I be a young enough mom to be "cool" when you are older? Will you keep me young? Will you always need me?

Remembering when you were born is not hard to do.
  • You came 11 days early, much similar to your personality now, in that you JUST CANT WAIT!
  • Although I could not see it (which was probley a good thing) you had been so excited to take your first breath, that you wrapped yourself around the umbilical cord and Dr. Tanner literally had to unravel you before you could cry.
  • They took you so quick to make sure you were ok, Papa was the first face you saw, but I knew you when I saw you. YOU were mine.
And today as you turn three, you may only remember it as just another day, but here are a few things that have happened so far.
  • You have noticed that Mama has exceeded the number of kisses that normally get laid on you.
  • Extra hugs have been given every time you pass by and I love yous are abounding.
  • When asked what you wanted as your "Birthday Breakfast" you said Kasha- like Baba (your Russian Grandma). Which means made with a whole lotta love and a bit too much sugar.
  • You keep on singing Happy Birthday to yourself, although I wonder if you comprehend what a special day this is for you and our family. This was the day 3 years ago that I first felt like we were a start to a family.
Happy Birthday my sweets. You do make things interesting! I love your energy, I love your spunk, I love you!


HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY SOFIA!

3 comments:

uniquelynat said...

wow. i teared up a bit reading this sweet post to your sweet girl. my boy will be 3 in a couple weeks. *sigh* they grow up quick.

happy birthday sofia!!!

Pederson Seven said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! We love you and we're thinking of you on this special day!
Love,
Krystal Dave Nicole Nathan Derek Lauren and Kurt

Alison B said...

oh, how sweet. what a sweet post.