Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Red Flame's the big double 3!

Happy Birthday Artyom! Since you are the only 100% Russian in the family, consider this your special birthday wish! I also thought I would let others in on a few things that they may or may not know about you.
SO. Here is a top 5 list of things you may or may not know about the Red Flame and why I love him so much...in no particular order.

  1. His love affair with Chunky Soup. (Yep. The one that tastes like soup, eats like a meal). I bought it one day with a coupon and he loved it!! so much that he called his mom via Skype to show her the can and tell her all about it. It still makes me laugh.
  2. His contagious laugh. Honestly, I think it was one of the things that made me fall for him. If you want someone to laugh at your joke, tell it to Artyom. He even does the ultimate "faux-pas" by laughing at his own jokes...each and every time.
  3. The throat clearer. This may or may not be considered a public service announcement, but if you happen to hear Artyom clear his throat, RUN. RUN AWAY. If not, you will be fortunate enough to hear a story that will last no less than 15 minutes in length. It gets me every time, but without fail, if that throat is cleared, he is just getting started on planning to talk a very long time.
  4. One Word. Merlin. Have you seen that show? He loves it. It is one that we can actually both watch together (which makes me happy!). He never misses an episode and laughs whole heartedly through most of it. He always asks me, "Chair, didnt you think that was funny?!" I just smile and say yes, I did. Just not as funny as you did honey.
  5. Diet Coke addict. Yes. His name is Artyom and he is an addict. "HI ARTYOM!" He had a goal once to not drink Diet Coke on Sunday, a worthy one I thought. Well, more than once did I catch him sneaking a can late in the evening. This one I fear, I will not be able to break no matter how much I would like to. If he ever decides to go through de-tox, I will be calling on each of my siblings and friends to take a night in turn as you guard the soda stash.

Happy Birthday Artyom. I for one am so glad you are a part of my life. Your girls and I love you so much and hope you have a great 33rd!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

LOL! I'm a Diet Coke addict also. And I love Merlin! Although it isn't usually that funny. :)
Happy Birthday Artyom!

Pederson Seven said...

That is so funny! Happy birthday Artyom! Our favorite memory of you at our house is when the kids were out in the blow up pool (1 1/2 feet deep water about 7ft long) and you just jumped in with them like a big kid! Thanks for being a great uncle and brother in law!
krystal

Josh said...

THE THROAT CLEARING! HA! ... I thought I was the only one who noticed that! I have to say though, I love his stories at the Thanksgiving table. Makes you appreciate what you have. Oh ... and the Jazz! He loves those Jazz!